Sometimes, I’m a total dimwit when it comes to packing my makeup, which is strange, since I’ve used makeup long enough to figure out what I use regularly and what I don’t.
I brought way more than this when I went to Seoul, and I wish I didn’t, because this is honestly all I needed. I brought things like mascara and an eyelash curler, which I used maybe 2 days out of the 9 I was there.
My Necessities for a Basic Face
- K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo 24H Real Lasting 2-Way Eyebrow Liner in G101* — This is my absolute staple! When I sleep in accidentally and have no time for makeup, I just draw on my brows!
- Ellis Faas Concealer in S204* — I love this concealer more than my NARS one, I think. It’s less fussy and it doesn’t cake even after a long day out.
- Urban Decay Primer Potion — To make my eyeshadow long lasting!
- NARS And God Created the Woman Palette — I must admit, I brought along another palette and wished I just stuck with this one, because it has everything I need for an everyday eye.
- K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Liquid Eyeliner* — A forever favorite that I sometimes used instead of just eyeshadow.
- Le Métier de Beauté Peau Vierge Anti-Aging Pressed Powder in Shade 2 — a light powder base that I don’t have to worry about blending.
- Kjaer Weis Cream Blush in Abundance — Still my favorite blush. Still.
- Dior Addict Lip Glow — a light, hydrating, SPF-laden lip balm for the dry weather and icky airplane rides.
- NARS Sheer Lipstick in Vendanges — it’s the lipstick I was planning on using up this month, a nice “sheer grape.” I’m making a bit of progress!
As you can see, I only brought one lipstick, but I realized that, on trips, it’s easier to “change up your look” with different lip colors and keeping the rest basic and simple.
I also don’t like bringing along makeup that’s hard to take off at the end of the day (i.e. mascara), because I get too lazy for face-cleaning when I’m pooped from a day of sightseeing and going around.
What are your travel essentials?
* PR Sample