Slicking on one eyeshadow on your lid isn’t an entirely new concept for the lazy girl. In fact, before you (we) went off the deep end of the makeup world, that’s what you (we) probably did. So, I’m here to show you some of my favorite singles to put all over my lid when I’m feeling particularly rushed or stumped.
Before I begin, here is Liz’s take and here is Bea’s. Here are just a few… by which I mean, most eyeshadows will work for this purpose anyway. I love the type of shades that actually have dimension, though, and these ones are quite effortless to wear.
Swatched, L-R: MAC Groundwork, MAC Constructivist, Oslo Vela, shu uemura ME medium brown 885, Rouge Bunny Rouge Abyssinian Catbird, Le Métier de Beauté Alexandrite, & Other Stories Percaline Khaki, Addiction by Ayako Fudge
- MAC Groundwork – my favorite colored eyeshadow base that, fortuitously, can be worn alone, too. It’s definitely a go-to eye color, both as a base and as a shade itself.
- MAC Constructivist – darker than Groundwork, but just as useful, especially if you’re in a more dramatic mood.
- Oslo Vela – lovely, effortless beauty of a shade. If you pack it on quite thickly, you’ll get this beautiful duochrome. Otherwise, you get a pretty hazy brown look.
- shu uemura ME medium brown 885 – my absolute favorite eyeshadow of all time. It doesn’t look like much but it feels luxurious to the touch, blends really well, and goes with everything.
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Abyssinian Catbird – any medium or dark RBR shade, actually. These are smooth as butter and quite complex shades.
- Le Métier de Beauté Alexandrite – I used this to do a one-shadow smoky eye back in the day. This is a beautiful, deep violet shade.
- & Other Stories Percaline Khaki – Gorgeous olive-y green. This is just absolutely beautiful and easy to work with.
- Addiction by Ayako Fudge – another metallic brown, but more golden, lighter, and warmer. This is gorgeous.
So there you have it! Just a few of my favorite one-shadow shadows. Let me know some of yours? 🙂