While I’m miles away on vacation, allow me to share with you a few of my favorite bits from NARS. I think you can tell that NARS is one of my favorite beauty brands. If I could pick just one brand to use for the rest of my life, I can pick NARS and not even feel bad about it.
Anyway, like most established brands, NARS is a bit intimidating to approach if you’re a new buyer. Here are a few of my favorite items from them, not including skin care or brushes. Mostly because I forgot, lol, but I quite like them, too.
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer — I’ve never loved a concealer as much as I love this one. I have it in the shade Ginger, but Custard works well for me. It is easy to blend, packs on a lot of pigment, and doesn’t look cakey.
- NARS Sheer Glow Foundation — One of my favorite liquid foundations! It’s a medium coverage foundation with a slightly dewy finish and a great range of colors. I wear Punjab.
- NARS Eyeshadow Palette in And God Created the Woman — This is such a great and versatile neutral palette, which NARS re-released in a different pan order a few months ago. I wish they’d make this permanent because it is truly a gem.
- NARS Eyeshadow Duos — I think NARS makes the most interesting duo pairings and combinations. They are always thoughtful and I love the stories behind the names and color pairings. My favorites are Charade, Grand Palais, Dogon, and probably China Seas.
- NARS Powder Blushes — Ain’t no “best of” NARS list without listing their blushes. I’d wager that these are their very best sellers, and with good reason. They have a lovely color range that is modern and beautiful. Orgasm has a cult following and while it’s a truly beautiful blush, I have to tip my hat off to Sin, which is one of my favorite blushes of all time.
- NARS Pure Matte Lipsticks — Not quite sure why these are in different packaging from the regular NARS lipsticks. I suspect that they are more expensive per ounce… but these are awesome. The quality of the lighter shades and darker shades are all consistently great.
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils and NARS Satin Lip Pencil — These are also great matte lip pencils, with an excellent color range and formula. The only problem is that you have to sharpen them!
- NARS Lipsticks — I’ve got them in three finishes: Sheer, Satin, and Semi-Matte. Guess what? They’re all excellent.
Not pictured, but also great: NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer. I’ve yet to purchase this in full size, since I have to go through a bunch of base products, still, but this is a great everyday base.
A few notes on NARS: They are notoriously inconsistent, so if you can check and swatch or research before you buy, please do so. I find that their eyeshadow trios are a little meh. You can find more information on other products they offer online, but they are a pretty polarizing brand at times. Their packaging, while lovely and sleek, may turn really gross and sticky on you, like what happened to my NARS Orgasm. Everyone loves their eyeshadow primer/base, but it was just meh for me. Sometimes some of their matte lipstick shades inexplicably have shimmers in them, so test them to see before buying.
Anyway, just test everything before buying because NARS can be pretty expensive, especially when you accumulate them. NARS is an incredible brand, for the most part, but they do have some duds here and there.
What are some of your NARS favorites? Anything I missed out on? Comment down below. 🙂