For this week’s Nosy Beauty, I have someone we’ve got a snowlady named Bellyhead. Just kidding. (Kind of.)*
I’m Bellyhead of the Wondegondigo blog, which is a beauty blog featuring luxury cosmetics. In addition to blogging for fun, I work in fashion. Every so often people ask me if I do anything creative and super fashion-y, the answer would be a big NOPE. I am focused on the business side of things. I laugh when people ask me fashion advice. I would go to work in pajamas if they let me.
I do spend a lot of mental time thinking about beauty though, but when not being a mom, not being a worker, not being a blogger, I enjoy cooking. These last few years, I’ve been tackling baking and realizing that precision and following detailed directions isn’t really my forte. Next up is learning PIE. I’m sick of spending giant piles of cash for tiny pies at the farmer’s market.
My general beauty philosphy is that makeup enhances and makeup is fun! Experimenting and figuring out the colors and textures that work for me have been a long exercise over the years in FUN! Even when makeup experiments go awry, I take it as valuable learning experience which is all easily washed off. Oil cleansing for everyone!
Now that I’ve been wearing makeup for decades, I totally feel like I am hitting my stride with the stuff.
Only place of discomfort that I experience with beauty is the consumption aspect of it. All that experimenting and deep longing tends to build up into a big mass of stuff. Sometimes I feel the sheer amount of stuff I’ve acquired over time has more of a drag and a cost than what is offset by all the benefits I’ve described before with the learning and fun. Still, I can’t ever avoid some fabulous beautiful things! Never, ever!
My makeup bag is some sort of a purse organizer I picked up from a bookstore stationary shop in Seoul.
Things rotate in and out which depend on lip color I am wearing and foundation I’m using. I tend to accumulate lipsticks during the week and every once in a while end up with a hoard of Guerlain Rouge G lipsticks. No wonder my bag is always so heavy. I usually also carry Boscia blotting papers (not pictured because I lost my brand new packet!)
- AmorePacific Moisture Bound Lip Treatment – slightly thick glossy balm. I use a different balm at night, but I love this particular one which has seen me though cold windy days and ripped up, dry lips.
- Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment in Coral – I am not a fan of these things. They are very fragile, prone to breaking/melting and don’t really provide moisture for my lips. I’m finicky. And too cheap to throw it out.
- SUQQU Bright Up Lipstick in 02 Hanabeni – a lipstick from one of my favorite brands, SUQQU. A light bright pink in a creamy formula.
- THREE Lipstick in Edith’s Whisper – a berry.
- SURRATT Lipslique in Hevyn — A slightly sheer mauve in one of my favorite lip formulas.
- Rouge Bunny Rouge compact mirror – I love the sleek design, with the whimsical print. The dual mirrors are nice quality, too.
- Shu Uemura 50H Brush – my multi-tasking brush for powder touch up, blush, powder foundation application. I love this thing especially since it’s flat profile makes it so portable and fits in nicely in my bag.
- Shu Uemura portable kolinsky lip brush – a bit floppy for my taste, ahem.
- Chikuhodo portable Artist Red kolinsky lip brush – tapered but square end. Firmer bristles than the Shu. I like this one.
- Dental floss – my dentist gives away free floss, tooth brushes, in abundance. Dental hygiene is important, y’all.
- Revlon Nail File – Nothing worse than ragged, broken edges on my nails to bring out my nail-biting tendencies.
That’s me, and that’s my stuff! Thanks Carina for letting me hang out on your blog! And thanks everyone for looking inside my makeup bag.
YAY! Big thanks to Bellyhead for indulging my request. 🙂 Go check out her blog for both the funnies and the pretties. She is one of the best people to learn about obscure luxury brands from, I think. My packaging nerd self winces at her depotting eyeshadow posts (RIP RBR cases), but if that’s your kinda thing, you’d get along with her!