One of the stragglers from my indie makeup frenzy back in January. I was able to retrieve this package when I got back from my trip, which was late March. Currently, I think I have most of my orders from that time. I’m just missing one package from Victorian Disco, which I hope to get soon.
I availed of the Beauty Blogger Package (5 samples + 1 mini jar) and got myself a few other samples, too. NM included a few free samples and a Jolly Rancher pink lemonade lollipop. It was delicious.
Descriptions are lifted from the NM website, on which I couldn’t find Zinthos, one of the samples I got for free.
- One November: “a dark brown with green, orange, and gold sparkles.” Lovely rusty brown; can’t quite make out the green sparkles.
- Cry Wolf Cry: “a shimmery taupe with a touch of purple sheen and silver sparkles.” A pretty purple that’s great for everyday use.
- Nudist: “More matte than sparkle, too matte to be called semi. This is light brown matte with a tiny tiny tiny amount of sparkle.” This shade confuses me, but it looks super useful for many looks as it almost blends completely into my skin tone.
- Speak to the Devil: “a brown based golden olive with a green highlight.” Beautiful color with a smooth texture and excellent pigmentation.
- Kilgharrah: “a deep rich brown with gold and green sparkles and a green duochrome.” I love this shade a lot! Definitely a more complex one.
- Gretel’s Ghost: “a warm golden gingerbread brown.” Love this shade, definitely gingerbread-y.
- Look Upon Me: Appears like a dusty mauve in the jar, this color, when applied or blended,changes to a metallic purple with a blue duochrome.
- Pornographic Priestess: peach/pink with blue to violet shift.
- Zinthos: ?
- Vashta Nerada: soft black shadow with a hint of red shimmer and red sparkles.
- Nighttime in Emerald City: grayish green with lots of sparkle for a mysterious nighttime look whether you live in the Emerald City or not.
Close-ups because Look Upon Me and Pornographic Priestess have a beautiful blue shift that’s actually not so obvious here. Zinthos was kind of hard to work with, even just for swatching. You can see a peek of how gorgeous Vashta Nerada is from this blurred perspective.
… So I took a close-up of that, too. So pretty, I can’t. I haven’t gotten around to playing with these much, but here’s an eye look I did using Pornographic Priestess, Nighttime in Emerald City, and One November. I used Oslo’s Eye Bond Primer Wand again—over top of the NARS eye primer—and I daresay it worked really well this time.
Ordering from Notoriously Morbid was a pleasant experience, all in all. My order was sent with a 20% off code, which I am very tempted to use on a Twin Peaks collection that they just released. YES, TWIN PEAKS.
Right now, I am still able to resist.