I haven't done these in a while, basically because I don't know if people like them (do you?) but I just wanted to share some of my favorite things during the past month and talk a bit about them and why I liked them so much.
I just have a few bits here.
- NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Punjab — I should not even have bought this but I had to know what the big deal was. It turns out, the Internet knows its shit; this was a great purchase. Quite a bit of a splurge, but one that was worth it.
- Happy Skin Shut Up & Kiss Me Moisturizing Lippie in Crushing on You — Pretty much the perfect MLBB in the easiest, fuss-free twistie crayon form.
- butter London Nail Lacquer in Bossy Boots — Weird that I have a nail color in here, but despite the fact that I only have three other bottles of nail polish, I never tired of this beautiful pale green cream.
- Mascara in general — I've been trying to use up my mascaras in rotation and I just kind of fell back in love with using these stupid things, especially on my bottom lashes.
- NARS Powder Blush in Sin — still very much a “winter” color, but winter doesn't exist here in Manila, so I get to wear this whenever I like without feeling “out of season.” Beautiful dirty plum, it's a darker, more muted option for a face flush.
- MAC Paint Pot in Stormy Pink and Groundwork — I love MAC Paint Pots and these are the ones I have had in rotation the past few weeks. They're the more matte-satin ones, so I like how they don't really change the texture of the eyeshadows I use them with, but can subtly alter the colors.
- Le Métier de Beauté Dualisitic Eye Pencil in Tamarack — I love this eye pencil. It's very similar to the MAC Eye Kohl in Teddy, except this one is less creamy but also less smudgey. I love using this as a soft liner or as a base for eyeshadow.
And I think that's it! I have a few non-beauty favorites also, up on my main blog. Here is a peek, but click here if anything in there interests you.
I hope January was good to you. Mine was pretty busy, but I'm very thankful for that because it's way better than doing nothing. I didn't have a lot of time to try out new things, but I did do a fair amount of shopping. Since I live in Manila, I've just started receiving the orders in trickles, so I think February and March will be filled with new discoveries.
Here's to an even better February!