Here’s a quick review of the Le Métier de Beauté Eye Brightening and Setting Powder in Refresh. This came as a bonus vault gift when I made a purchase through their official website. I got the shade Refresh, which I think is the more cool-toned option from the two available shades.
Product Description from Nordstrom: “Exclusively ours. Comes as close as you can get to under-eye perfection.
- This lightweight powder sets concealer and illuminates the under eye area for a radiant, soft matte finish.
- Smoothes the under-eye area and creates perfect upper lid canvas for eye shadow.
- Micronized pigments will not settle in fine lines or accentuate shadows.
- Absorbs excess oils to create perfect canvas for makeup application.
- Provides crease-resistant, long-wearing coverage.
- Suitable for all skin types.
Here it is, swatched beside three shadows, on the extreme left.
I’ve only ever used this as a setting powder for my undereye area but my preliminary online research shows a myriad of different uses. Here, I’ve used it lightly over a concealer.
Here, I’ve used it over just a sheer liquid foundation.
According to some online sellers, it is “a skin-perfecting, pressed powder for the eyes and face. [It] evens skin tone and diminishes dark circles to revive tired-looking eyes. The smooth formula glides on effortlessly for a seamless application and barely-there feel. May be applied around the lips to prevent lip color from feathering and bleeding.”
Some use it as a powder to help blend out the harsh edges of a shadow. I lightly apply it over my concealer/foundation with a soft, fluffy brush. I just do a one-sweep, lightly, and am done. I actually really like this product, but I’m not sure how much it differs from a regular powder. I’ll have to compare it with something like the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal Light, or something similar, but right now, I really like how it helps me out with my under eye bags and circles.
Le Métier de Beauté is cruelty-free.