Two days ago, Tellie of Beauty by Tellie tagged me to do Lipstick Week, which she’d been doing. For her version of Lipstick Week, she showcased 7 lipsticks from her collection. As you can probably tell, I am primarily an eyeshadow fiend. However, I won’t say ‘no’ to a good tube of rouge!
Her mechanics are as follows:
- Make seven blog posts about Lipstick Week. #LipstickWeek it if you’re on Twitter!
- Post full reviews or quick swatches of your favorite shades. Heck I’d be fine reading about you waxing poetic over a lemming.
- You can follow my schedule, pick your own or combine my ideas with yours. It’d be nice to know what other people use for caramels, mauves and corals which I never took up! You need 7 posts but I did mine over a three-week span, harhar.
- Please post your first link in a comment on this post so I can follow your series 🙂
- (ADDITIONAL) Tag 7 more when you’re done to keep Lipstick Week alive!
- If you don’t want to go through all seven days, pleeeease just post a virtual tour of your lipstick collection. I’d still love that!!!
Anyway, I thought it fitting to announce this on my 199th post! Can you believe I’ve already reached this number? A little background on this blog:
- My name is Carina and I live in Manila, Philippines.
- I started it on the 21st of October, 2012.
- The name, Softly Sometimes, is from a song by the Psychedelic Furs called “Pretty in Pink.”
- I think I’m getting better at makeup.
Thank you for being a part of Softly Sometimes. 🙂 I’ll be using this post as a placeholder for lipstick week posts.
- Day 1: Chanel Lipsticks — in which I try to help you with your possible first Chanel purchase
- Day 2: Most-Loved Lipsticks — in which I post about my most used lipsticks in the history of time
- Day 3: How to Wear Red & Other (Rather Vampy) Alternatives — in which I show you how to wear a red lip. Sorta.
- Day 4: Go Nude or Go Home — in which I convince you that my sorta nude lipstick shades are nudes.
- Day 5: MLBB Magic — in which I try to find a perfect MLBB!
- Special: How to Make Your Lipstick Last Longer
- Day 6: Marvelous Mauves & Perfect Plums — in which I introduce you to my favorite color groups 🙂
- Day 7: Crushing on Corals — in which I show you the few corals I love.
- Closing Post: Lipstick Collection
Now, onto the lipsticks!