I was writing about the Le Métier de Beauté Melange de Colour Fashion Palette, when I noticed that one of the shades looked remarkably like one of the eyeshadows I already owned, MAC Trax. They had the same flecks of gold and purple base. I pulled it out to compare and decided to look at all my other shadows as well. These seemed to be the strongest contenders.
From left to right:
- Laura Mercier’s African Violet. The gold is very strong in this shade. It was part of my Artist’s Palette for Eyes, which is Limited Edition, but you can buy this shade individually.
- Le Métier de Beauté’s Tapestry. This is very close to Trax, but it has a more opaque base. This is part of the Silk Road Kaleidoscope Eye Kit, which is Limited Edition.
- Le Métier de Beauté’s Ikat. This is actually more of a frosty plum-gold, with the gold infused in the base, rather than as a separate component/glitter element. This is part of the Silk Road Kaleidoscope Eye Kit, which is Limited Edition.
- MAC Trax. One of my first eyeshadow singles. I love this eyeshadow, though I don’t know how to wear it to show off its complexity. This is very similar to LMdB’s Tapestry, but the base is a little less pigmented.
- Le Métier de Beauté’s Amethyst. I personally think it looks closest to Laura Mercier’s African Violet, which is just a bit more pink, somehow. It’s warmer than Trax and more golden. This is from the Melange de Colour Fashion Palette, though I’m pretty sure they’re sold individually, too.
- Shu Uemura x Karl Lagerfeld Prestigious Bordeaux Palette, Left Silk Smooth Eyeshadow. This one shouldn’t be here, LOL. It’s a blackened purple with silver, pink, and purple shimmers. It’s quite pretty but it really doesn’t belong here. This is from the Karl Lagerfeld collaboration, specifically the Prestigious Bordeaux palette and is Limited Edition.
Anyway, that’s it! I hope you enjoyed this post. 🙂 If you have any shadows in your collection that match the sort of “theme” here, do share!