In which I ramble too much and cut myself off mid-sent
So, I usually try to have these up by the first of the month (or I was trying for that anyway), but stuff happened. So, yeah. This is a pretty succinct video and I hope you enjoy it.
I only had a small bunch of beauty favorites this month. I always feel the need to like, collect a lot of items for monthly favorites, but I know that’s not truthful, so here’s the truth. 🙂
Céleteque Matte Moisturizer
I was looking for a facial moisturizer that had SPF in it because I’ve gotten very paranoid about sun damage recently… and this presented itself to me. It’s very, very good and lightweight, which is perfect for the sucky weather we’ve been having over here in the tropics. It kind of leaves a white cast upon application but that goes away once the product soaks in. You only need a little product so this bottle will go a long way, even with everyday use. 🙂
BECCA Beach Tint in Raspberry
I blogged about this recently, and it is wondrous. It’s a multi-purpose product that you can use for the cheeks and lips. It being water-resistant, I think you may also be able to put it on your eyelids, though I haven’t really tried. It has a fruity scent and very good pigmentation. It’s also a breeze to apply. This is the best companion to the beach or on a trip because it’s so easy to use and it performs very well.
MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque
One of my earliest purchases (on this foray into cosmetics) and still one of my favorites. ❤ Paint pots are eyeshadow bases/cream eyeshadows and Rubenesque is a beautiful golden peachy pink color. I use it as a base for other eyeshadows or just as an all-over lid color when I’m feeling lazy. It’s truly worth checking out.
shu uemura eyeshadow in ME medium brown 885
Such a good buy. This eyeshadow is the bomb. If you are looking for a metallic dark brown eyeshadow that has a buttery, velvety texture, this is the shadow for you! 🙂
Majolica Majorca Lash King (Black)
This is the second Majolica Majorca mascara I’ve tried and I have to say that I much prefer this over the previous one I own (Lash Expander), especially since the brush is so thick and bristle-y. I do have to note that mine smells a bit like pencil shavings.
shu uemura eyelash curler
I never curl my lashes because I never can get them to be equal amounts of curliness, but this does the trick, somehow.
Hakuhodo H601 Brush
Review coming up! This is amazing at applying blush. The retractable bristles controls its “density,” which you can adjust according to how much product you want on your face. Nifty, huh? It is also super freaking soft. I don’t know if I just have low standards for brush softness, but this one was so soft to me.
Here’s a list of non-beauty favorites, which I will not get into that much:
– Draw My Life Videos — essentially videos where YT personalities “draw their life,” as in an autobiography. It is very cool to find out so much stuff about so many people.
– “Eleanor & Park” by Rainbow Rowell — one of the best books—YA or not—I’ve read recently. Not that I’ve been reading a lot, but this had an interesting premise and an actually good follow-through.
– The Manila Review Issue No. 2 — http://manilareview.com/
– Second Star to the Right, Then Straight ‘Till Morning by bones like snowflakes — Download it here: http://boneslikesnowflakes.com/album/second-star-to-the-right-then-straight-till-morning
And here are the exhibits I mentioned:
– Picture Imperfect, curated by Roberto Chabet and co-curated by MM Yu at mo_.
– Foods by Everywhere We Shoot at Pablo Fort
– The Mona Lisa Project at the Small Gallery, Cultural Center of the Philippines
– “Hurdling” by Roberto Chabet at the Main Gallery, Cultural Center of the Philippines
So, that’s it for this month! See you all for next month’s favorites. 🙂