I mentioned in an earlier post that I was on the lookout for a Fudge dupe, since I couldn’t figure out if it was actually a dupe-able color. It seems like a simple warm medium brown with a somewhat frosty/metallic finish, but I had to make sure if it was complex enough to recommend it to someone who may encounter it in the future.
So! Here are most of the shimmery browns I have. I didn’t include obvious too-cool shades.
- MAC eyeshadow (Amber Lights)
- Urban Decay Naked 2 (Snake Bite)
- Urban Decay Naked 1 & 2 (Half Baked)
- Urban Decay Naked (Dark Horse)
- theBalm Nude ‘Tude (Seductive)
- Addiction eyeshadow (Fudge)
- shu uemura x Karl Lagerfeld Prestigious Bordeaux Palette, the brown Silk Smooth Eyeshadow
- Wet n Wild Comfort Zone Palette, first crease color
- Urban Decay Naked (Smog)
- Wet n Wild Eyeshadow Single (Penny)
Hmm, as you can see, there aren’t any super close dupes, so if you have your eye on Fudge, I think you could go for it. If you do already have the Wet n Wild Comfort Zone Palette, though, you could definitely get away with using one of the crease colors and adding something warmer and bronzier.
The Addiction eyeshadow singles retail for ¥2,100 (with tax) each.
I currently do not know if Addiction tests on animals, and have reached out to their official Twitter page to ask, though I have not gotten an answer. I’ve Googled around a bit and it seems like Addiction’s parent company, Kosé, tests so it’s safe to assume that Addiction tests on animals as well.
The CF brands featured in this post are Urban Decay, Wet n Wild, and theBalm.
Read about my personal cruelty-free pledge here.