For April, BDJ nixed the brand exclusives trend it was on (with Shiseido and L’Oreal) and gave its subscribers a mixed bag of stuff. Right off the bat, I have to say that the box had some heft to it, which sometimes translates to a good box. But, Heavy = Full-Size Products ≠ Good, so let’s see how well BDJ’s April box fared.
I’ll list the products as they appear on my box card. This month’s theme is Oh, So Fresh! aimed at getting us psyched for “one super summer.” A bulk of the items will help you keep fresh in the summer months, and the rest are just fun bonuses.
Sorry if I don’t have a photography~ set-up. I don’t even have a vanity table, so you get my work desk!
1. Bifesta Age Care Cleansing Lotion — Touted as Japan’s first water-based makeup remover, this mimics the effects of cleansing oils, minus the oil. The enclosed sample is not full-sized, but it’s priced at Php 419 for a 300ml bottle. I’m very excited to try this out since I am looking for a shu uemura alternative.
2. Garnier Light Intensive 3 in 1 Whitening Essence Mask — The ingredients of this Garnier mask help lighten skin tone, remove dead cells, refine texture and retain water inside the skin (moisturize?). It’s a “great refresher for tired, dull skin” and should be used “2x a week” for best results. I have no desire to be whiter, so I gave this to my sister. One 19ml packet is priced at Php 89; there were two in the box so I suppose this should last you a week.
3. Avon Anew 360° White Day Cream — Another whitening product. Pass. I gave this to my mom since I think she already uses this moisturizer. The BDJ team included a full-sized product, which is priced at Php 799 for 30ml.
There were also these little sachet things, I’m guessing from the Anew 360° line.
4. Celeteque Hydrolized Moisturizing Mist — A face spray for use to prep skin before makeup or during the day to perk your face up when the Manila heat turns you into a rage monster. I love this product—I use it already. Since I already had a bottle, I gave it to my momma. The BDJ Box had a full-sized product, which is priced at Php 349 for 120ml.
5. Avon SSS Glutathione Lotion with Marula — I can’t. The BDJ Box has a full-sized product, which is priced at Php 350 for 250ml.
6. Revlon Nail Art Neon — Limited Edition nail art duos from Revlon! These seem fun, but my nails are too tiny for nail art, so this went to my sister. It’s a full-sized item, priced at Php 375 for 7.68ml.
7. Selena Gomez Eau de Parfum — A cute and flirty sweet summer scent that went to my sister because she got it, lol. It reminds me of a very young time in my life, though I can’t exactly say why. The full-sized 100ml bottle is priced at Php 2,950.
8. Goody Slide-Proof Pins and Elastics — Mine! I was so excited for these. I got two elastics and four pins. I love Goody! These are priced at Php 449.75.
– BelleToday Personalized weight loss coaching with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen. Two discounted schemes (3-month or 6-month) for a personalized weight loss program. Kind of exciting and scary. Do I take the plunge?
– Bioessence Premium Pass. Free Aroma Facial or Foot Reflex.
– Goody 20% off coupon. Valid at Robinsons Department Stores nationwide.
BONUS: Candi Nail Polish Remover Wipes — No-mess polish remover pads, which are acetone-free. My sister tried these out today and they apparently did not do a very good job.
Overall, I think the value of the items is superb, considering you only pay Php 480. However, what’s sacrificed is the ability to choose products you’d actually use. Practically half of this month’s box wanted to whiten the recipient’s skin, and I would never buy those items for myself. I don’t understand how they select the themes, either.
In the end, I only kept the cleansing lotion, the Goody pins and elastics, and the vouchers, which I’m not even sure I’ll get to use.
One great thing about these subscription boxes is that I get free organizational cubes. They don’t minimize my clutter so much as they concentrate the offending material to one designated area of shame.
You can purchase your own BDJ Box here.
* This item was received from the BDJ Box Team. All opinions are honest and mine. I have not been compensated for this review.
** “Unboxing” is a First Impressions post. I have not tried the aforementioned products, unless otherwise stated.