Hello everyone! I was nominated by Dandelion Whiskers for the Liebster Award a few days ago, and I received a few more nominations~ (by Totally Tamryn and Rose-Tinted Beauty) in between then and now, because I’m so lazy. For the uninitiated, the Liebster award is given to up-an-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. 🙂
The rules are:
Share 11 facts about yourself.
Answer the awarder’s 11 questions.
Ask 11 questions of your own.
Nominate 11 bloggers.
So, fun stuff (?) about me, in eleven parts:
- My senior thesis was on Veronica Mars from Veronica Mars, Angela Chase from My So-Called Life, and Buffy Summers from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- I just got into make up (extensively and obsessively) a few months ago. I have not looked back since.
- I am quite happily in a relationship currently. 2013 marks our second year together!
- I studied BFA Information Design in Ateneo de Manila University. I taught Introduction to Illustration a few years later.
- I’ve only had one desk job, for one month. After which, I was employed at Lomography in Austria (though I worked from home) for six months. Now, I paint and collage, brand companies, build websites and occasionally write.
- For a Christmas family presentation when I was but a child, an older cousin choreographed a song and dance number for me, my sister & herself. It was to the tune of “Gangsta’s Paradise.”
- I live in the Philippines, but my favorite place currently is Amsterdam. I would love to live there.
- I read a lot. My (unupdated) book blog is called Book Report. My main blog is at Nothing Spaces, which is where I post pictures and whatnot.
- I’ve lived in the same house for all of my twenty-four years.
- I am a middle child, a Type 4, an INFP, and a Libra. I do think that says a lot about me, but I don’t know if they are good things.
- When I was younger, Harry Potter was banned in my house so I would sneak out and read the books in our school’s library during breaks.
Here are Dandelion Whiskers’ questions for me.
1. Who is your favorite band/musician in the whole wide word? Ryan Adams, The National, Bob Dylan, Voxtrot and Explosions in the Sky. Sorry, I had to cheat!
2. Beaches or the mountains? Mountains.
3. Coffee or tea? Can’t pick. I love both equally, though I find coffee to be more accessible in my household.
4. What is the one thing you know you can cook really well? Pasta! Kind of hard to fudge that up.
5. If you could bring only one makeup item on an island, and you’re stranded with Ryan Gosling, what would it be? Sunscreen! I don’t think that’s a makeup item, though, so I don’t know, maybe a lip butter or something.
6. Your favorite childhood memory? Not a favorite, but I do remember being so happy at “blowing smoke” out of my mouth when I first visited Vancouver in 1993 (I was 4).
7. Your favorite youtube video of the moment? GANDALF STREET MAGIC.
8. What is your favorite book? Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer.
9. Do you have a pet? Please introduce me to your pet! Yes! This is me with Noah, who is a Yorkie & Bichon Frise mix.
10. If there’s one movie you have to tell me to watch, what movie would that be? Rushmore.
11. Favorite makeup brand? NARS, Guerlain, Chanel. Runner-ups (just because I need to try more products): Le Métier de Beauté, Benefit & Laura Mercier.
Here are Totally Tamryn’s questions for me.
1. iPhone or BB? I have an iPhone 4.
2. If you could pack up right now, no expenses, where would you go? AMSTERDAM. Or Denmark. (Or, I could take a train/plane from Amsterdam to Denmark?)
3. What do you think of Honey Boo Boo? Be honest! No opinion; haven’t seen it!
4. What song MUST I have on my playlist? The National’s “All the Wine,” “Apartment Story,” or “Slow Show,” Ryan Adams’ “Oh my god, Whatever, Etc.,” Wilco’s “Jesus, Etc.,” Voxtrot’s “The Start of Something.”
5. How many languages do you speak and what are they? Fluently, just two: English & Filipino. I can understand a bit of French, but I’m being generous already by saying that, so I guess it’s just safe to say that I know how to speak two. 🙂
6. Have you ever been bungee-jumping or sky-diving? Never!
7. What is 4 times 5 plus 5938 minus 493 divided by 12.4 plus the square root of 8475? I don’t know. Haha I suck at math so much that I won’t even bother. Once for an entrance exam into a university, I got into the 90+ percentile on everything except math (64 percentile), which resulted into me not even making it in. A sad day for us all.
8. What perfume do you wear? LUSH’s Dirty, Marc Jacobs’ Daisy. 🙂
9. If you were given the chance to go to space, would you? If I could get back home, why not?
10. Do you believe in ghosts? I’d like to say no, but silent nights and creaky floors still give me the creeps.
11. Do you play any instruments, if yes which ones? Not very good, but I own a ukulele, a bass, and an acoustic guitar. I have not gone beyond learning a few chords and how to read tabs. 🙂
Here are Rose-Tinted Beauty’s questions for me.
1. If you were sent to a desert island, which ONE beauty product would you take? Anything with sunscreen!
2. What is your favourite HAIR product? A conditioner from Organix that has Macadamia Oil.
3. Which is your most favourite brand for make-up? NARS, Guerlain, Chanel. Runner-ups (just because I need to try more products): Le Métier de Beauté, Benefit & Laura Mercier.
4. Do you Fake it or Bake it? Tanning creams or Tanning beds? Be Honest! Nopety! I live in a tropical country, so there’s no need for any of that. 🙂
5. Friend or Foe? Would you criticise a friend on their make-up and why? If I spot an unblended part or something, I would tell a friend. I would never tell them they looked awful or put anyone down because of makeup, on purpose!
6. Who do you find attractive in the celebrity world? Rooney Mara, Kristen Stewart, Ellen Page, Olivia Munn, Kate Upton (sorry, world), Lena Dunham, Sasha Grey, Michael Pitt, Andrew Garfield, Jesse Eisenberg, and the list goes ever on.
7. More is less? Or less is more? Discuss. It depends on what you are going for. For day-to-day, normal anything, less is more, for sure.
8. What do you find most difficult about blogging? Looking for new things to write about! Taking nice pictures!
9. What is your worst beauty mistake? Haven’t been into it long enough to have any serious offenses, honestly.
10. What is your ultimate beauty product? Of course, the best “beauty product” is the gunk that takes it all off! I think the best thing you can do to your face is to keep your skin A+ so I’ve been trying to clean my face everyday. 🙂
11. Do you have a skin-care routine? What is it? I am working on a video/post for this one, so stay tuned!
Here are my questions for the
unfortunate people I decided to tag:
- If you could have a Travolta/Cage-esque Face Off, whose face would you pick to swap with?
- What are some of your favorite beauty blogs? (I’m on the prowl for some more new good ones!)
- What’s one thing you’re dying to do but can’t seem to?
- What are some of your biggest purchase regrets?
- Post your favorite look for every day. Bonus points for picture!
- What’s your favorite TV show? What about your favorite TV show’s makeup?
- What did you want to be when you were five years old?
- What’s your favorite late beauty discovery?
- If you could bring one book or um, person to a desert island, what/who would it be?
- If the zombie apocalypse happened tomorrow, how well do you think you’d fare against them?
- What is your favorite food indulgence?
Because the nature of my questions mostly involve beauty products, I will tag beauty blogs (or people who post about beauty), and I made sure you had less than 200 followers!
- Krysty of This Jane is Vain
- Marisa of Wear Your Vitamins
- Emilie of Cogitation Project
- Makeup Morsels
- Material Detox / A Year Without Excess
- Yvane of Lady Like
- Mascara Magic
- Beauty and the Tomboy
- Paola of Paolarity
- Tanny of Totally Love It
Anyway, that’s it! I’m working a few more posts. I hope the tagged people will humor me. 🙂