On Saturday morning, I woke up to a super surprise from the BDJ Box team! They sweetly sent me April’s massive box to try out. BDJ Box is one of the country’s leading subscription boxes for beauty-lovers. I think they probably have the best record for hitting home runs with their boxes, in terms of both value and excitement.
If you’re a subscriber, you’ve probably already seen—and loved—the stuff inside, but if you’re a speculator, check out this unboxing post to see what you missed this round.
Pixy is an Indonesian makeup brand that’s new to the Philippine market. Its tagline, Truly Asian Beauty drives straight to the point of their brand—products that are especially formulated for Asian skin.
I was a bit confused at first, thinking it was a new Japanese brand, but it turns out that Japanese technology (which we all know is awesome for cosmetics) was utilized in the creation of these products. Pixy’s products were made to enhance the natural beauty of Asian women.
For the BDJ’s April box, there is a total of 9 full-sized products, all by Pixy, all picked by the BDJ Box team. Here’s a quick rundown of contents:
- UV Whitening Two Way Cake Perfect Fit Compact in Natural Beige (12.2g, Php 275) — A powder formula that gives you a smooth and long-lasting base. It contains squalene oil (for dry skin) and SPF 15 (for sun protection).
- UV Whitening Two Way Cake Perfect Matte Refill in Yellow Ochre (12g, Php 145) — A lightweight powder refill tested to not trigger blackheads, and enriched with natural extracts and antibacterial kanzo; suitable for oily skin.
- Ultimate Makeup Cake in Peach Beige (12.5g, Php 445) — Can be used as base or finishing powder, for covering flaws and smoother-looking skin. Also oil-absorbing!
- Colors of Delight Blush-On in Carnation Bloom 06 (3.5g, Php 285) — A natural-looking blush for a sweet and innocent glow. Brush included for touch-ups!
- Colors of Delight Silky Fit Semi-Matte Lipstick in 220 Haruka (3.8g, Php 265) — Enriched with Sweet Almond Oil and Vitamin E, for hydration throughout the day
- Colors of Delight Silky Fit Lasting Matte Lipstick in LM207 Pink Smoothie (3.8g, Php 325) — long-wearing matte lip in a bold shade and a pigment-packed formula and smooth application.
- Colors of Delight Silky Fit Satin Lipstick in 507 Autumn Apricot (3.8g, Php 245) — creamy lipstick with hydrating formula, perfect for the hot summer months when you want to “look fresh with minimal effort.”
- Colors of Delight Eyeliner Pencil in Black (1.14g, Php 265) — perfect for everyday, can be applied thinly or smudged.
- Colors of Delight Waterproof Volumizing Mascara (9ml, Php 295) — lengthens and thickens eyelashes with a waterproof and long-wearing formula that’s sure to be smudge-proof!
One of the best things about Pixy is that their products are really affordable, so even if you missed out on this box, you can pick a few things, too, and test out a great number of products.
I couldn’t resist testing out the lipsticks! Something cool about them is that they’re designated by color: light pink is the Silky Fit Satin, medium pink is the Silky Fit Semi Matte, and the deep pink is the Lasting Matte.
I enjoy the Silky Fit Satin formula the most. :) As of now, I don’t have information on availability of Pixy products, but I’ll update this post as soon as I know. To get in on the BDJ Box train, check out the official BDJ Box website.
* PR Sample